Given the hop shortage of 2008 we featured in an earlier article, it was great to hear that Samuel Adams will be offering 20,000 pounds of Tettnang and East Kent Goldings hops pellets for sale to microbreweries at cost. Though the 88 pound boxes are above the reach of most homebrewers, the sale is welcome news to the community. Microbreweries and homebrewers have had to bear the brunt of the hop shortage, as most large breweries have long term contracts with hop growers. We hope Sam Adams generosity will help reduce the pressure on microbreweries and brewpubs. For more details on the hop offer, visit the Samuel Adams web site.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- Homebrew Crisis: Where Have All The Brewing Hops Gone?
- How to Wisely Spend Your Home Brewing Dollar
- 5 Ways to Save Money Home Brewing
- Keg Line Length Balancing – The Science of Draft Beer
- The Beer Gun and Counter Pressure Fillers: Bottling Beer
- New BeerSmith Retail CDs
- Barley Crusher and How to Brew Video Sale Extended until 23 September
- Ten Tips Everyone Needs to Know Before They Brew Their Own Beer
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now