This week I took a few hours to enter the latest yeast and hops into BeerSmith for you instead of writing a blog article. Many of you have been asking for some of the newest hops and yeasts to be included in a data update – so here it is.
First check your version – you should have the latest version of BeerSmith which is 1_40 Build 038 – you can see your current version using the About command on the Help menu. If you don’t have the latest version of BeerSmith, or would just like to give BeerSmith a free trial run, you can download it here and install from our main download page.
Once you have the latest version installed, you can use the “Update BeerSmith from Internet” command on the Tools menu to download the new hops/yeasts. You can also do this manually by downloading the files (links below) and using the “Import and Merge” command on the File menu to import them into your Hops and Yeast views respectively (Go to View->Hops or View->Yeast before importing them).
A short post this week – but I’ll be back in a few days with a new podcast and post a new article on a new beer style next week. Have a great week and thank you for supporting BeerSmith!
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- BeerSmith 2.2 Desktop Released
- BeerSmith 2.2 Update for Desktop Quick Preview
- New BeerSmith 2016 Add-ons for Hops, Yeast, Misc and Grains
- New BJCP 2008 Style Guide and BeerSmith Batch Sparging Release
- New BeerSmith Desktop Add-ons – Hops, Yeast and GABF Style Guide
- Backing Up and Recovering Your BeerSmith Recipes
- BeerSmith 2.3 Mobile Released
- BeerSmith Mobile and Lite Problems under IOS 9.0.1
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now