This week I interview the co-organizers for the 33rd annual AHA National Homebrewer’s Conference which is scheduled for San Diego from June 16-18 of this year. We talk about what the conference is all about, many of the key events and how to register to attend. I will be attending this year’s conference as well – so I hope to see you there!
Download the MP3 File – Right Click and “Save As” to download this mp3 file
Topics in This Week’s Episode (33:03)
- This week’s guests are Cole Davisson and Loren Miraglia who are co-organizers for the 2011 National Homebrewer’s Conference in San Diego (June 16-18 2011). I also have Paul Gagnon who is chair of the speaker’s committee for the conference.
- We talk about the San Diego venue for the conference and how the team put together a wining bid.
- Cole and Loren cover pre-conference events including brewery tours and local microbrewery events.
- We talk about the National Homebrewer competition and how a beer makes it to the final round of judging
- Pro-brewers night is a key event on Thursday – featuring beers from throughout the region
- The guests wanted to specifically acknowledge the Art Institute of California- San Diego Culinary School – during the interview their name was slightly misreferenced, but the organizers of the AHA conference wanted to correct that and acknowledge their tremendous contributions to the upcoming event
- Seminar tracks on Friday and Saturday are available to educate and entertain visiting brewers with top speakers
- We cover club night including the coveted “golden urinal” award
- The conference capstone event is Saturday night with the Grand Banquet and National Homebrewer Awards
- Hospitality suites and exhibit halls are open throughout the conference for people to enjoy
- For further reading or to sign up for the conference, visit the National Homebrewer’s Conference
- I will be attending as well – as a roving guest and may even do a podcast episode while there
Thanks again to Paul Gagnon, Cole Davisson and Loren Miraglia agreeing to do the interview and volunteering so much time for the conference itself!
Thoughts on the Podcast?
Leave me a comment below or visit our discussion forum to leave a comment in the podcast section there.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Great News! We’ve been featured in the New and Notable podcasts on iTunes.
If you are not using iTunes, you can subscribe using this feed:
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- National Homebrewers Conference with Gary Glass – BeerSmith Podcast #101
- American Homebrewers Association with Gary Glass – BeerSmith Podcast 44
- BeerSmith 2 Release Date, Pricing, and Preorder
- So When is St Patrick’s Day Anyways?
- Sour Beer Brewing with Mike Mraz – BeerSmith Podcast 42
- Brewing Sour Beers with Michael Dawson – BeerSmith Podcast #108
- Beer Bloggers and 365 Beers-BSHB Podcast Episode 2
- Home Brewing Clubs with Drew Beechum – BeerSmith Podcast 36
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now