BeerSmith Desktop – What’s Coming
Over the next several months I’m assembling a team to work on a series of updates to BeerSmith desktop which I plan to release this Fall with a focus on:
- Making the program less cluttered and easier to use, particularly for first time users
- Updating the program to bring in new techniques and tools such as all grain steeping, whirlpool hops and residual alkalinity
- Improving integration with the BeerSmithRecipes cloud and mobile versions
- Publishing add-ons to bring ingredients and profile databases up to date
I really appreciate the many hundreds of people who have sent ideas in for improvements to the desktop version. I have an extensive list of items to add – and will be working hard to get as many as possible into the next version of BeerSmith. The new updates will be free to all BeerSmith 2.x users, so if you don’t have BeerSmith 2.1 yet, now is a great time to get it!
BeerSmith Mobile – Sale Extended through August 15th
The BeerSmith Mobile launch was a great success – though we did have some growing pains, I published a series of updates to correct issues as soon as I was made aware of them. If you find any ongoing issues after updating your apps, please let me know. However, since I had to correct some problems, it delayed the release of the “Lite” upgrades for Android (now available) and iPhone/iPad (coming shortly). Because of this, I’ve decided to extend the sale price of $7.99 US for BeerSmith Mobile (or $4 US for the in-app Lite upgrade) through August 15th to give everyone a fair chance to get the mobile version at a good price.
Heading to the National Homebrew Conference in Philly?
I’ll be speaking at the National Homebrew Conference in a few weeks in Philadelphia (June 27-29), and we’ll also be running a BeerSmith booth on the exhibitor’s floor! So if you happen to be going to this year’s NHC please drop by the booth and say hello! I’ll be signing books, demonstrating my desktop and mobile software, and we’ll also have quite a few trinkets to give away, some T-shirts, software and more!
Recent Podcasts You May Have Missed – every other week!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
- Beer Brewing Water with John Palmer
- Malting Barley with Andrea Stanley
- Hops and Beer Bitterness with Dr Charlie Bamforth
- Setting up a Nano-Brewery with Mike Mraz
- Brewing Lagers with Erik Schmid
Recent Articles You May Have Missed
Sign up for the newsletter to get articles every week!
- The Evolution of Home Brew
- Beer/Faucet Tap Selection for Kegging
- Blonde Ale Recipes and Brewing
- Bière de Garde Recipes and Brewing
- Multi-vs-Single Step Mashing
Thanks again to so many of you who provide great feedback to me on the BeerSmith software, my podcast, newsletter, articles and web sites. The success of BeerSmith has really been a team effort with the entire home brewing community, and I appreciate your continued support!
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- BeerSmith Mobile and Lite Problems under IOS 9.0.1
- BeerSmith Mobile Brewing App – Preview for iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle
- BeerSmith Fall Newsletter, Barley Crusher Sale, Ways to Support BeerSmith
- BeerSmith Mobile App Released for Android and Kindle Fire
- BeerSmith Lite Preview – Home Brewing App for iPhone, iPad and Android
- BeerSmith Mobile 2.2 Released
- BeerSmith Mobile Now Available for iPhone/iPad (and Android/Kindle Fire)
- New BeerSmith Desktop Add-ons – Hops, Yeast and GABF Style Guide
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now