• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipes Losing All Info in Design and Notes Tabs

timothy4

Apprentice
Reaction score
BeerSmith regularly loses all the information in the Design and Notes tabs; I open my recipe from my Cloud recipes and all this information is missing and also the pint glass icon is empty and colourless! Sometimes I can recover this information using the Recipe Archive but often this is not possible. This is happening quite regularly and I am fed up with it to the point where I am considering ditching BeerSmith for something else especially since you do not appear to be able to directly raise a support ticket; not good. Any advice how to resolve would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just out of curiosity are you possibly also opening the same recipes on the desktop side as it is possible to overwrite a change from either end so if you open it on the desktop, then go out in the garage and make some notes, then go back and close the desktop side it can overwrite the changes you just made.

The use case for the problem described is when just using my desktop PC. However, I do sometimes have the same recipe open in desktop version of BS on my laptop in another part of the house or even sometimes in BS Cloud on my laptop or desktop PC. I'm fairly tech savvy though and aware of possible syncing issues so manage appropriately. As mentioned, data is lost when just using BS desktop on my PC. Hope that answers your question.

Looks like I'll not be renewing my BS licence next time around then. Very disappointing

Back