• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tetra Hop Gold Profile

fizzyliquid

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi has anyone created a tetra hop profile in the BeerSmith Program?

Never heard of them. Not even listed on Beer Maverick, the largest hop database, or on Yakima Valley Hops.

The technical data sheet gives you the usage, efficiency, and the calculation of BU based upon your desired sensory target. Having never used the product, I cannot help you with the accuracy or experience in defining the target. Further, since this is a post fermentation addition, I do not think the program is set up to account for bitterness from cold side additions of hops.

My recommendation is to set up a spreadsheet based upon the calculations presented by B-H and follow their instructions as far as the percentage of BU which can be added via their additive.

In reading this, my concern for anything which has a focus on hop flavor is the reduction of the aroma and flavoring compounds from the hops. For anything where the hop addition is pretty neutral, this may be a pretty good product. For something like this, I would start at about half of the maximum they recommend and then making adjustments in subsequent batches based upon how your sensory evaluation dictates.

Back