• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Upgraded to Beersmith 3 on Mac and now recipes are gone

rossiyma

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Looking for some help. I recently opened up my macboook and tried to fire up beersmith 2. It's been a little bit since I've been on and have been using a lot of cloud recipes lately. Once it opened it said that I needed to download beersmith 3, so I did. None of my recipes loaded in and I have no clue where to look. Looking for some help!!

That loads some basic beersmith 2 recipes and not the 50 or so I designed

Hi,
Yes, you have several options to import BeerSmith 2 data into BeerSmith 3
- On startup if you are on the same machine, you will be prompted to import your BeerSmith 2 data in its entirety if you like
- You can also import it by going to File->Import BeerSmith 2 directory and pointing it to the directory containing your data
which for BeerSmith 2 is typically under your main Documents/BeerSmith2 folder
- Finally you can be more selective and import selected files by opening the BSMX files in the Documents/BeerSmith2 directory and
selectively copying items.

You can learn more about how to open, copy and save BSMX data here: https://beersmith.com/blog/2019/01/27/sharing-beer-brewing-data-using-bsmx-files-in-beersmith/

I will note that BeerSmith 3 stores data completely separate from the BeerSmith 2 data so you can run them side-by-side and
the BeerSmith 3 trial will not affect your existing BeerSmith 2 install.

Cheers!
Brad

Back