• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Trouble transferring recipes and profiles to new computer

djdixon1995

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

The computer I use for beersmith2 recently quit on me.  The hard drive is still good so I removed it and put it in an enclosure so it's now an external which I've connected to my new computer via USB.  I've installed Beersmith2 on the new computer but can't figure out a way to transfer all of my recipes, profiles, etc to the new computer.  I find a Beersmith2 folder on the old hard drive at users/(user name)/BeerSmith2 and another at program files/BeerSmith2.  The old machine was running vista and I've looked for the AppData folder mentioned in other threads but it doesn't seem to exist.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
djdixon1995

it should be users/username/documents/beersmith2/ just copy that folder to the new hard drive allowing it to replace what is there.

I recently got a new laptop. I copied my Beersmith2 folder to an external hard drive and then transferred that to the new laptop. All of my receipes are contained in users/(username)/documents/beersmith2/archive.

They don't show up in the recipe section when I open Beersmith. But if I go to File, Open, I can open any of them. But they are not listed by the actual recipe name. They are listed as archive files: i.e. Ar-3-5-0_3-18_25235.bsmx

How do I get these listing correctly.

You need to copy the entire Documents/BeerSmith2 folder over and not just the archive.

Brad

Back