• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Text File in BeerSmith

D

Dr Malt

I recently purchased and began using BeerSmith, so if I am asking for something that I have not learned how to use as of yet please let me know. Like another thread on this site, I find I can not add text information in the form of lengthy notes or general information to BeerSmith but must have a separate folder for these on my desktop. It would be nice if there was a place in the program where one could keep such text information. For example, I have general fermentation procedure notes I use for all my lagers such as times, temperatures, etc. In addition, I have some notes I have collected on the character and properties of certain beer styles I would like to have a place for in BeerSmith. These are genreal things I don't want as notes for a particular recipe. Is there such a folder or place to keep such notes? If not, it would be nice to have one.

Dr Malt

Hi,
  I do not have a separate "notes" feature in the current version, but I have been considering it as an addiiton along with the calendar feature so you can post notes and attach dates to them if desired.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Brad

What about changing the notes section that's at the bottom of each recipe so that it expands to show whatever notes you write in there, rather than using the scroll bar?

Brad:

Thanks. A "Notes" section would be great as well as a calendar. The calendar would be good for planning brew days and when one needs to secure supplies.

The issue I ran into in wanting a notes page was I wanted to convert weight in gms or ounces to teaspoons and tablespoons. I had this information along with other conversions, in hard copy in my brew notebook and I wanted to add this conversion to my BeerSmith. I could not find an easy way to do this. Again, maybe there is a way to do this and I am not familiar enough to do it.

Dr Malt :)

Back