• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Deleted stale lock file '/Users/banner/BeerSmith2-banner' ??

bannerj

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I found a few references to a "deleted stale lock" here on the forums but nothing that seems to be a fix for me.

I had v 2.0 running fine on my mac for several months. Then I needed to migrate to another computer. At first I was having trouble saving files and it was crashing some.

I backed up the recipes and did a clean reinstall. I don't have the trouble saving or the crashes, but the "Deleted stale lock file '/Users/banner/BeerSmith2-banner'. nag still pops up when I open BS most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't open with the nag though.

BS seems to be fully functional. I'd like to get rid of the nag because I fear something is still wonky and troubles might creep up again in the future.

Thanks for your help

Hi,
  This is a fairly rare problem that has been tied to doing an operating system update while BeerSmith is still running on the Mac.

I recommend the following steps as a first fix:
  - Make sure BeerSmith is not running
  - Go to your Home directory and delete the file "BeerSmith2-USERNAME" if it exists where USERNAME is your user name- this lock file usually causes the problem

Let me know if this does not work - in most cases I've found this corrects the issue.

Back