• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Feature Request - Add Links

DVDaniels

Brewer
Reaction score
Brad,

Others have asked for a way to add files to recipes which I thought personally was a great idea. I do realized how storage problems can arise from trying to store files in any sort of data structure. So how about links to files? Either from a url or a file system location. If you want to use a cloud account and store your files there or if you have hard drive space just link to that. That would even make it possible to add links for places that had more recipe information or even pictures.

Thanks,
Dave

Another idea would be to not use Beersmith to organize your recipes, but use the Operating system instead. Then simply put the exported beersmith recipe file in your own folder structure.

grathan,

My thought is more toward linking to other things from inside the recipe itself. Beersmith can do whatever it wants with the recipe information. For instance, most of my recipes use a water calculation spreadsheet. I can then link to the spreadsheet so I don't have to look for the file. Also, I have a few recipes, I found on the web. I scale them and change them around but it would be great to have a link in the recipe so I look at the original. With links you could reference a lot of different things.

Thanks,
Dave

Back