• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bay13 Lager Go the Ausies

BAY13

Brewer
Reaction score
Here is one for the extractors

http://www.answers.com/topic/melbourne-cricket-ground

"The MCG is known for its great atmosphere, much of which is generated in the infamous Bay 13. In the late 1980s, the warm up stretches performed by Merv Hughes would often be mimicked by the crowd at Bay 13. In a one-day international cricket match in the late 1990s, the behaviour of Bay 13 was so bad that Shane Warne had to enter the ground from his dressing rooms and tell the crowd to settle down at the request of opposing England captain Alec Stewart."

http://www.google.com.au/search?as_q=bay+13&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial_s&hs=Wpl&num=10&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=mcg&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

Attachments

• recipes.bsm
    11.4 KB · Views: 262
  • recipes.bsm
    11.4 KB · Views: 267
BAY13 LAGER
Brew Type: Extract Date: 25/10/2006
Style: Dortmunder Export Lager Brewer: BAY13
Batch Size: 32.00 L Assistant Brewer: 
Boil Volume: 35.67 L Boil Time: 25 min
Equipment: BAY13 EQUIPMENT

Taste Rating (50 possible points): 45.0
FULL AROMA, FULL FLAVOURWITH BALLANCED BITTERING

Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU
2.50 kg Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 53.2 %
1.70 kg BLUE MOUNTIAN LAGER (3.0 SRM) Extract 36.2 %
27.00 gm Hallertauer [4.80%] (25 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 7.7 IBU
17.00 gm Hallertauer [4.80%] (15 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 3.5 IBU
5.00 gm Hallertauer [4.80%] (5 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 0.4 IBU
0.50 kg Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 10.6 %
32.00 L Distilled Water Water 
2 Pkgs SafLager West European Lager (DCL Yeast #S-23) [Starter 25 ml] Yeast-Lager 

Hi Bay13,

Thanks for posting the recipes, I am a bit curious about your Dortmunder. I notice you have 3 hop additions at 25,15 and 5 minutes is there any reason why you have calculated all of these as "first wort hop" additions? Not that it makes much difference to your IBU calculations, I am just curious. :)

Cheers
Andrew

When I boiled my hops,10 min into the boil I added  the DME. It took a good 5mi to get back up to temp.That will stuff the IBUs up!.
I usually stain off the hops before adding the wort to the ferment.To compinsate for the 5min of the boil I did not remove them. In this case first wort hops = stuff up that ended up tasting ok. Didn't know what option to seclect for what did??????
Added 4kg of ice to cool the wort down

Back