• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bottling volume

steve2u42

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hope i didn't miss this same post somewhere else. I set up the equipment set up as best as I know. Am new at brewing and will be doing my first BIAB All grain brew this week. I will be using the BIAB method. Using a 10 gallon pot. I added a recipe and when i went to the step section i noticed that at bottling, it says i will have 4.50 gallons. The recipe says 4.60 gallons at bottling. Is there a way to change the input that will give me 5 gallons and adjust all times and ingredients or is this, just what it is. I am using Dave's Lager Clone recipe.

Estimated bottling volume is what's left after what you state as batch size and fermenter loss in the equipment profile. It should be based on your actual experience and measurements, not on what the recipe says. The recipe may be based on a "perfect" 5 gallon size, but your system may have differing numbers.

Back