• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Breiss vs Rahr 6 row

K

KernelCrush

Ordered a sack Breiss 6 row from my supplier.  Got Rahr 6 row.  Rahr is almost 20% less DP than Breiss but 45% more alpha amylase.    I am a stickler for getting what I ordered/paid for and it bugs me in this case cause Rahr is generally cheaper.  Should I just let it go?

I wouldn't, it was probably just an honest mistake but even if it was them thinking all malts are the same you ordered what you ordered.  Give a call and I bet they try to make it up to you.  You might be surprised, you might end up with your Briess and a bag of Rahr.  I recently had two 10 lb bags of malt sent to me crushed and I didn't want that.  when I called and complained they were very good about offering to send me the unmilled malt at no charge to me to make up for it. 

I have a constant problem with this it seems.  Had the crush/uncrush problem, expired yeast, wrong yeast, missing parts, the list goes on.    I dont know why they cant get things right.  Its not that difficult.  Makes you feel like Joe Pesci at the drive thru.

Back