• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

no Caramel 20?

shepditch

Apprentice
Reaction score
New user here - attempting to input my first recipe.  I started with 16lbs 2-row and when I try to put in the 1.25lbs of Caramel 20 that's next on the grain bill, I can't find any.  Caramel 10, 40, 60, 80, 120 are all present but 20 is absent.

I made sure I'm updated to the latest 2.2 build - can I be missing something so basic?  I see that the Caramel 20 is listed in the grains section on the beersmith site - do I have to add this manually?

Steve

<edit>
Found it - I downloaded the grain inventory of my LHBS (they integrate extremely well with Beersmith, going to far as to include my local water survey) and it seems that they don't carry Caramel 20.

My question now becomes: can I edit the inventory profiles to show what inventories are located where?  We have 2 local shops and I'm sure the inventories don't match up.  It would be nice to be able to see what is where but my other option is to re-install with the original  "grain.bsmx" file in there. 

Can I have multiple inventories?  I guess this became a feature request instead of a question.

Hi,
  I don't have facilities for multiple inventories at this time.  Sorry...

Brad

Back