• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

impatient brewer

Damrite

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I did my first 2 batch from extract one has extra grain, irish ale and irish red ale.
got home today after 2 weeks in fermentation and 7 day in bottle and said what the heck let, s crack one, I was just impressed with the taste and quality so does my wife, carbonisation was grest good head.
after finishing this beer, I decided to crack the irish red ale which was 5 days in bottle
same thing, even if the beer would stay at this stage I would be more than happy,
My only concern is the beer is a little cloudy, which I, m ok with that.
Is the beer will get clear with time in the bottle?
I think I, m hook. ???

Looks like you've got the brewing bug for sure! That's great that those first two beers taste good - stick to it and it'll keep getting better as you learn.

The cloudiness in your brews is to be expected under certain circumstances, such as the beer being young still. If it is bottle-conditioning, as it appears yours are, then it may take a few weeks for the yeast to settle to the bottom of the bottle.

If you are seeing good carbonation already, then you may want to move the bottles to cold storage to let them continue to condition. This will help drop the yeast out of suspension and your beer should start to become clear. You don't want to move them to cold storage too soon, however, or they may not fully carbonate. A couple of weeks is typical, one week may not be long enough.

Don't worry about being impatient; we all suffer this condition from time to time, some more than others (myself included!)

These brew were  from extract and the red ale had grain, but I do have to build a chiller, can, t wait for my irish stout all grain, here there,s lots of information,  and if you don, t finf it people are very helpful...
thanks to all of you that take the time to help
cheers

I, m more then happy with them, I got beer in the fridge from the store, I guess I will keep them when I got no more homebrew left :p

Damrite said:
I, m more then happy with them, I got beer in the fridge from the store, I guess I will keep them when I got no more homebrew left :p

I haven't been out of homebrew since I moved into the house I'm living in now.  The only that has ever kept me from having homebrew was moving, which meant my brewing equipment was packed up.

I still drink commercial beers from time to time.  I like to try different flavors to broaden my horizon!

Back