• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adjusting the Calendar

Rage

Apprentice
Reaction score
I want to be able to adjust the calendar.
My Calendar currently has a brew scheduled I am not actually running  ???
And I need to put one on the calendar that some how did not get on it?

I "assumed" I could manually tweak the calendar but don't see how to...
How do I do this?
Is there a podcast that cover this?

Cheers

Options > Brewing  At the bottom are calendar options for which folders get displayed on the calendar.

If you choose Brew Log Only, then only recipes you copy to the log will be displayed in the calendar. This has the added benefit of letting you change the recipe in the log to reflect your actual brew day, while leaving the main recipe alone, in another folder.

Options > Advanced  You can change the brew log's name, if you desire.

Even if you don't create the folder, the first time you copy a recipe to the log, BeerSmith will create the folder for you.

OK Thanks, I will look into logs, that should help me remove the mystery brews.

Note...
Since the last post I noticed that the date in the recipe seems to signify the start/brew day. (Did not know that :)
So - changing that value seems to move the brew date.

My fermentation profile is set to:
- Single stage (Ale)
- 14 days Primary (70F)
- 16 days Age (70F)

But the calendar shows it as 14/30?
I even went back and selected a different profile saved it and went back.
Still shows 6 week vs. 4?

???

OK, I think The problem cured it self :eek:

The dates in the calendar were off until I created a Brew Log folder and pointed the calendar to the new folder.
Now the dates look fine.

Thanks

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Rage said:
Note...
Since the last post I noticed that the date in the recipe seems to signify the start/brew day. (Did not know that :)
So - changing that value seems to move the brew date.

Yes. Sorry I didn't mention that. It seemed too obvious. I like to be helpful, not insulting someone's intelligence with every little detail.

Back