• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water Volume Question

Clifonef

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Mac user OS x 10.9.1
Beersmith 2.2.12

I created a recipe for a 1 gallon batch, brew-in-a-bag.  I start with 2 gallons of water, mash the grain, withdraw the bag, boil the wort.  I come out with the exact amount of wort I need for a one gallon bottle.  There is no sparge, no rinse, no added water, and only a small amount of residue that I do not siphon into the bottle.

However, the design page does not want to want to accept this method.  To begin with, the red dots.  Estimated pre boil volume negative 1.86 gallons.  Sparge volume of -3.56 gallons.  Measured mash efficiency of 110% (I'd like to patent that!).

What gives with small batches?  How do I trace red-dot problems?  What is meaning of blue dots?

Hi,
  The red dots are items that are out of range (i.e. negative volumes).

The problem is almost certainly that you don't have a valid equipment profile.  There are instructions on creating your own personal equipment profile here:
  http://beersmith.com/video

Brad

Back