• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help! Cant open beer smith!

arborman

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am trying to get into beer smith, but it opens telling me there is another copy running and I cannot run more then one copy at a time.  Never had this happen before.  I am on a Mac.  I have tried shutting down the computer a few times, but no luck.  Anyone know what to do?

Hi,
  This is a fairly rare problem that has been tied to doing an operating system update while BeerSmith is still running on the Mac.

I recommend the following steps as a first fix:
  - Make sure BeerSmith is not running
  - Go to your Home directory and delete the file "BeerSmith2-Doc" if it exists - this lock file usually causes the problem
  - Reboot your machine

Let me know if this does not work - in most cases I've found this corrects the issue.

Brad

Hello. I have the same problem with beer smith, can't open it. i have tried to delete the program and reinstall the program, but the same message comes up. What do i do? i could not fine the file you where referring to in the this topic.

Back