• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith for Steam

vesayth

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi! I just came here to suggest that BeerSmith be made available on Steam. For some users (such as myself), having the license only available on 2 PC's can be limiting. Making the software available on Steam would alleviate that problem while simultaneously guaranteeing that one license is linked to one account. Steam does allow non-gaming applications (DisplayFusion is a good example). Another bonus is that it will allow for easy auto-updating of the software through their relatively simple API. Also, this will open up the software to a broader range of potential customers who may not have otherwise purchased the software (people are granted Steam gift cards all the time, or do lots of trading).

I'm a big fan of the software. I would like to also see it on my favorite software distribution platform.

Here is a link to Steamworks. Though it talks about gaming, you can absolutely use it for non-gaming software http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/.

Thanks!
Vesayth

It would be nice if Steam didn't hang the computer waiting for an internet connection on boot up. More appropriate would be, let the computer boot first and then load Steam after an application actually calls for it..

Back