• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom Fields

blackcows

Brewer
Reaction score
Any thoughts on adding 3 or 4 custom fields that could be labeled as the user saw fit?

Mike

No one ever mentioned this before, but I suppose it is possible.  Would they just be short text fields or did you have something more specific in mind?

Brad

First a confesion, I am one of those type A people.  I am not really sure what all of the fields could be used for but my orginal thought when asking was possibly to use one for keg number ( I have 6), so I could track any problems related to a certain keg.  Another was to be more specific about the dates, rather than the number of days, that the beer went into the primary and secondary.

Mike

YEs, the dates to move to the next step would be good.  (Also my old suggestion of timer settings during the brew...)

Another suggestion for the next version of Beersmith.  How about a column for each of the categories to be able to insert which supplier we purchase our supplies from.  This would allow us to be able to have a potential for several different suppliers if our local HBS doesn't have what we want.

Back