• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

ants in yer pants

happy hillbilly

Master Brewer
Reaction score
ole happy here. where i come from we got ants. there are anthills purty much everywhere round here. when we get into this time of year it isnt rare to have them come into yer house when the ground gets waterlogged.well ifin yer brewin n they come in they go for the sweet stuff if ya know what i mean! we tried alot of things to stop them but it only lasts a little while then theyre back. once summer gets here so long till next spring. Well i think winter n spring beer is the best so i brew most of my batches then. welcome ants. I use starsan and even though i know i kin keep it longer than i do i make new regularry soo gettin to the point , i had some older starsan around and sprayed the ants. Instant dead! you wouldnt believe all the stuff we have tried to git rid of ants only to find out that a byproduct of brewin does the best. anyways Happy Brewin

this makes me wonder if old ss will works on dandelions and other weeds, of Couse you would not want to get it on the grass, maybe works on spiders too. I don't like to use that raid type stuff, it works but not for to long and got to wonder what else it dose.   

Round here we have those tiny black ants. Tiny things that swarm any dropped crumbs in the house and make long trails going to water sources like sinks.

I tried several products and finally used Terro liquid ant killer. The stuff where you put a couple drops on a piece of paperboard some place where you know the ants travel. Well, the ants swarm the bait, take it back home, and feed it to the queen, killing her. Dead queen means dead nest. No more ants in the house until scouts from the next nest come inside. Then they too take the bait back to mom, killing her. 

Outside I've used the shaker bag by the same company. You shake it over the yard and then water it. I've had mixed results with that. But the liquid bait works well.

Back