• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

water modification tool

Kaiser

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I started using R/O water to build my brewing water. The water tool in BeerSmith helps with that, but I'd like to see the water tool associated with the recipe. This makes sence since the salts become an ingredient for brewing and I want to be able to keep a record of the various waters I already built and used. Maybe making different pages for the recipe view would help with the space constraints:

water - grist/mash - hops - fermentation/bottling

I also like the idea of blending R/O and well water. Maybe Beersmith could also offer this option as well as calculating the residual alkalinity of the water since this is an important parameter for brewing.

Thanks,
Kai

Thanks Kai,
  I agree you should be able to transfer the water salts from a given profile directly to the recipe - this is certainly something we are looking at for future versions.

Also, I did add a new option to the water tool to allow for blending of waters in the new version.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Thanks Kai,
  I agree you should be able to transfer the water salts from a given profile directly to the recipe - this is certainly something we are looking at for future versions.

Is this just for the salts, or will there also be a record of the actual water profile that has been used?

Also, I did add a new option to the water tool to allow for blending of waters in the new version.

I will have to check this out :)

Another thing that I want to mention, though it may only affect a small number of users: Since I don't have one big vessel, I need to treat my strike and sparge water seperately. This means I have to calculate the salt additions seperately. It would help if BeerSmith could do that for me, but I'm no sure if adding support for this is woth the effort though.

Kai

Back