• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Filtering Sediment

D

DoogieFresh

I'm pretty new to brewing (3 batches so far) and i was wondering if there is a good way to filter the sediment so I wont have to waste  the last bit out of the bottom of the bottle?

thanks in advance :)

There are filtration systems available. Look at morebeer.com.

i brew light ales/lagers and put my beer in the freezer 20 minutes before i drink it and also pour it in a vessel then pour it in my glass lighter beers and chilling the beer age all help the sediment stay put the only way to get rid of sediment is to keg it, when or if you find a another way post it or send it to me cause i would love to know myself. i also sighon my brew into another container then bottle it from the second

What's wrong with swirling it around and swigging it down?  It's full of vitamin B and will help prevent a hangover.

Beer_Tigger said:
What's wrong with swirling it around and swigging it down?  It's full of vitamin B and will help prevent a hangover.

In the presence of the dog/cat, walls, tv, and said homebrew, nothing.

In the presence of the wife, friends, baby, and family. Flatulence man and lots of sulphurous gases.

I too drink the dregs in the hope that my body will eventually adapt.

What I do...always make just a little more and always use a secontary. I have found that there is always 5 gal's taht way and it comes out reallclear, without added filtration.
Added filtration can filter out yeast as well as spooge...You want the little yeasties in there to continue to ferment in the bottle / keg. That way your brew will never go bad.

Back