• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A kickstarter project to jump-start a meadery

ArchaicMeads

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

It is with restrained excitement that I bring to your attention a kickstarter project of mine. I have mixed feelings with sharing this on this forum, as I am (in relative respect to many meadmakers) an amateur of mead making, and am really standing on the shoulders of some giants before me.

However, I have found myself really diving into this study, this hobby, and I have really felt a serious connection that this is something I want to take beyond the level of a hobby. Everything about mead is calling me;
  • Its a niche that deserves more attention.
  • Its an organic process that produces an exceptional drink – simple, or very complex.
  • It is limited only by the imagination (and $) of the mead maker.
  • It has tradition and archaic roots, but plenty of room to ‘modernize’.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/197437644/meadery-beginnings#project-faqs

I understand some of you may feel this is in vain, but I am not here to beg for someone to buy me supplies. I’m here to ask you guys for support to follow something that seems to be in my blood.

This embodies my favorite principles – taking nature’s magnificent processes, learning of them, and using them to produce a fine quality product that is part man part nature.

Anyway, enough gibberish. I completely understand if you dislike the idea of this, but I hope you can see it from the other perspective – that you’re supporting a future meadery.

Back