• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mac 2.2.12 locks up on File-->Print of a recipe. Repeatable.

mthhurley

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm on Mac OSx Mavericks, 2.2.12 of BS.  This will happen every single time I try to use File--> Print OR the Print button OR the File-->Print Preview off of an open recipe.  The application freezes, I cannot click around in my recipe, close it, open another....I can use the BS2 menu to do a Quit and it will close.  Upon reopening, the application works fine until the moment I try and print one of the 3 ways above.   

However, using the Print Tab button, it will print just fine (only that tab obviously). 

Thanks,

Hi,
  I'm not sure why - the commands you list all use Safari to process the printing.  Can you try printing from Safari itself and see if that works?  If not drop me a note on the contact-us page at BeerSmith.com and I'll try to come up with some other ideas.

Also you can export a recipe report to HTML (as a workaround) - use the Save Report button on the preview page at the bottom of My Recipes view.  Then print the HTML file itself (again as a workaround).  You may need the style.css file from Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports in the same directory as the HTML file for it to print perfectly.

Brad

I am having the same problem.  Only way to print is to go to file then click print preview and once the screen is loaded go to file and click print.  My problem didn't start until I loaded OS X Mavericks.

I'm having the same issue.  BS 2.2.12, Mac OS10.9.4.  Printing works everywhere else on my computer, just not in Beer Smith. 

My workaround - bring up the Print Preview window, then a Shift-Cmd-4, capture the portion of the screen I want to print, which saves the image to the desktop, then open it with Preview, and it prints fine. 
But going back to BS, it's frozen!  Have to crash the program, re-open it, and it will run fine, right up until I try to use any Print function again!

I have the same issue. Beersmith locks up on OS X. On version 2.2.12.

This is pretty annoying.

Tried a couple of things without success. Also a couple of data points.

1) Printing from Safari works fine.

2) When previewing the print job in Beersmith the preview is blank - white.

3) This is OS X - 10.9.4 with Beersmith 2.2.12.

4) This happens _every_ time. It would be nice to know if there are users on 10.9.4 which don't have this problem.

We need a work-around for this. Is the HTML stored somewhere before Safari is asked to print it? Maybe I can snatch that and print it?

Back