• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

ABV calculation on BeerSmith 2 Mobile

Melvin

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I just purchased BeerSmith 2 Mobile and it appears that % alcohol by volume is calculated by estimated OG and FG.  Perhaps I'm missing a setting or is there an option to change input to observed OG and FG for calculation.  Thanks.

In the Fermentation tab.

Your observed readings for gravities and volumes are converted into Measured Efficiency, Alcohol and Calories.

Thanks for your quick reply.  I don't believe I was descriptive enough as to my observations. When drilling down from My Recipes to Recipe( i.e. Yummmm) under view tab is a synopsis of recipe.  In this boxed field contains the name of brew, style, OG, FG, ABV and other info.  The values that populate OG and FG fields are Est. Original and Est. Final Gravity.  Using the ABV calculator under tools tab and entering former values the output matches that in the ABV in the synopsis.  See below: from BeerSmith 2 Recipe view tab.

Yummmm
American IPA
All Grain (10.50 gal) ABV: 5.10 %
OG: 1.049 SG FG: 1.010 SG
IBUs: 91.4 IBUs Color: 4.4 SRM

Measured OG = 1.060    FG = 1.008  ABV = 6.8%.  My observed values using hydrometer.  ABV determination BeerSmith 2 calculator.  Thanks much.

Back