• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Gluten Free Grains add-on

lewnewby

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for an add-on that would contain the data for a couple gluten free grains.  Specifically Malted Millet in different roasts and malted buckwheat. I am currently working with Grouse Malting and Roasting to acquire the grain and they have produced some extremely fabulous grain. We have used it in a couple of truly gluten free beer with great success but we are really just wining it when it comes to a grain bill (Trial and error).

I would like to use BeerSmith to document and get a more precise development of our recipes.

In the end this will be for developing the recipes we will be using in our upcoming brewery Three Spires Brewing Co.

Thanks in advance

Grouse Roasting and Malting should be able to supply you with malt lot analysis. This should include specifics about the grain like moisture content, actual color, diastatic potential and fine grind crush potential.

They also should provide you with their targets for the grain. This is a general spec sheet that usually lists their limit values.

You can get a lot of information by doing your own congress mash. As specialized as your company is, I suspect you'll need to do this often.

Back