• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

CANNOT LOAD GRAIN ADD-ONS

JAMES JOSEPH BREWING

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could assist me in a problem I am having adding the grain additions from different manufacturers. I click on the add-ons button and the screen display has a listing of grain manufacturers and recipes. I selected Briess Malts 66 grains..hi-lighted it and selected the add button  and I get a screen of all of the recipes that I just loaded. So consequently I cannot add new recipes because I can't access any of the grains I need. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
JIM
[email protected]

Add Ons should self install into the proper directory. Check the ingredients database. [Ingredients > Grain] Search Briess.

If it's not there:

Within BeerSmith
Add ons > Add
Choose the Briess malts by highlighting it
Click Install

Check ingredients again.

When you choose grain in the recipe design view, make sure that the "Show only Items in Inventory" box is unchecked.

I'm having almost the same issue... i can't add any new ingredients, recipes, anything... For instance, i'm trying to install Moutons Grains from a .bsmx file, however, after opening and saving the file though beersmith, it just doesn't appear in my grain list.

The same happen to yeast, hops, friends recipes... I can see them in beersmith, but after I chose "close" and "save", it vanishes...

What should I do?
I'm using a Mac.

cesarkehdi said:
The same happen to yeast, hops, friends recipes... I can see them in beersmith, but after I chose "close" and "save", it vanishes...

If you're seeing the grains in their own tab and are getting a "save" prompt when you close, then the ingredients are not in the grains database. If you downloaded a .bsmx file and opened from that, then they are being saved to that file.

You'll want to copy and paste the new grains list into the grains list of BeerSmith. Just highlight, copy and paste between the two tabs in BeerSmith.

Wow! So simple... Never thought of that... worked perfectly. thanks mate.

Back