• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2 wont start

rockytoptim

New Forum Member
Reaction score
So I have been using Beersmith two for over a year now.  My PC is running Win 7.  Today i went to print out brewsheet and it ask me where my recipe folders is.  So I point it to the folder and it says error 5: access denied and activation box comes up.  I do have this installed on another computer but I can use this on 2 pc's right.?

I unistalled Beersmith2.  Removed the directory from the installation folder.  I then downloaded the latest version and then rebooted the PC and installed again.  It does the same thing when i start the program up.  Error 5 and ask for activation code.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• beersmith2error.jpg
    beersmith2error.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 614
I found fix.  I uninstalled beersmith.  Restarted the PC and then went into registry and did search for beersmith and *.bsm and removed any keys that were shown from the search.  I then restarted and installed the latest Beersmith 2.2. 

Back