• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Differring bitterness calcs - desktop to mobile

homegrown

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Searches reveal some ongoing calculation issues, but not exactly related to bitterness.  Similar to others, i have designed on desktop and uploaded to the cloud.  However when opened from the Ipad the percentages are out.  Eg:

Total IBU (desktop) = 61.7
Total IBU (mobile) = 68.4

FWH IBU (desktop) = 38.6
FWH IBU (mobile) = 52

10min boil (desktop) = 10.6
10min boil (mobile) = 7.9

5min boil (desktop) = 7.6
5min boil (mobile) = 8.5

0min steep (desktop) = 4.9
0min steep (mobile) = 0.0

I have gone over both application settings with a fine tooth comb, and cannot find anything that i've missed - all parameters are entered the same.  I recall there was some delay with the release of the mobile update - has it been released yet? 

Thoughts?

Jo

OK, so I tripped over the most OBVIOUS setting.  I had bittering set to Tinseth on desktop, and Rager on mobile.  :-[ 

And there remains the difference in the whirlpool/steep setting, which is available in desktop but not mobile.  Is there any way to work around this until the update hits the ground?  Brad - how far off is the update?  Would be nice to see it, for those of us who do mainly FWH and flameout additions.

Don't mean to be pushy - just asking.  ;D

Jo

Back