Author Topic: After upgrade preview and print don't work  (Read 10915 times)

Offline bigwheat

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: After upgrade preview and print don't work
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 08:45:25 PM »
Just installed 2.1.02 and everything works fine now. App is much faster opening, and clicking around inside of it. I can print with no problems.

In case it helps, in addition to the info about my system from my earlier post:
2009 or 2010 version of the MacBook Pro
2.4 i5 CPU
8GB RAM
256GB SSD HD - I added this after the fact, and took the original hard drive and put it in the slot that formerly had the dvd drive.

If you'd like any other system info, please let me know. Thanks

Offline epicac2

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »
I agree, this version seems unstable. I am not able to print either and the program freezes every once in a while. Sucks not being able to print.

Offline Hello

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 10:11:13 AM »
BS 2.2.12
OS X 10.8.5

Print preview works but printing to PDF or printing to my printer does not work. Paper is totally blank. Pretty annoyed since I needed to print and now I'm writing everything down. :(

Offline bigwheat

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »
I had reverted back to the old version, because of these issues, and tonight I decided to try and reinstall to see if the problem still occurred. I have upgraded my OS to Mavericks since the last time I tried so I thought maybe the issue would be resolved.

Unfortunately, it is not. I still cannot print. It is a blank page only. If I do a print preview, sometimes that will work and I can print that successfully - but more often than success, it completely freezes the Beersmith software.

Is there any solution to this problem yet? I use the printed copy on brewdays, so it is a very important feature for me.

Offline Brento

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »
New user here running Mac OS X 10.9.2. Purchased and downloaded v2.2.12. During the boil, the timer stopped working. If I minimize the BeerSmith app I can see the timer start working as it quickly gets smaller during it's trip to the Dock. When I maximize it again the timer is still stuck at the new time that it updated to when I first saw it work again during the minimizing--yes, that's worded kind of odd and confusing.
The app also isn't responding to switching back to the various steps like Mash, Fermentation, etc. It will react after minimizing and maximizing again just like the boil timer was acting. I resorted to my iPhone timer during the boil given I needed something to keep track of the time.
I'm going to quit and relaunch the app, but I suspect this behavior will reappear. Doesn't give me the upmost confidence when brewing. Suggestions?
Best,
Brent

Offline basild

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:05 AM »
Same issue here, OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks,  after upgrading to Beersmith 2.2.12, print isn't working right.  When you are in a recipe e.g. design, and you go to file/print, it prints blank pages.  Only way to get it to print is by being in "My Recipes", single click on recipe, activate the preview pane, view/set default report and click the print icon in the preview pane.  Used to work fine printing from within a recipe before.  Strange.   ???

basild

modification