• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom Folder View?

blackcows

Brewer
Reaction score
As another thread mentioned I would also like to use Beersmith to keep an inventory of my brews.  I have come up with a current system that works for me but I would like to be able to print a report based on this.  Under "My Recipies" I have a Brew Log and a Consumed Brew Log.  After a keg is empty I move the file into the consumed Brew Log and therefore only available beer is in the Brew Log.  I can select My Recipies on the folder tree and then select Brew Log in the pane on the right side but the report that i get is just an ugly view that shows the folders, in my case beer on hand, in the Brew Log.  Is there any way to customize this view?

Mike

Mike,
  If you are talking about the items that show up in the "Preview" pane when you click on the folder, no there is no way to customize this.  However, perhaps it would be nice if I added a feature to display the whole folder contents in column format much like you see when you open it?  You would not be able to edit these, but you can easily see what's in the folder.

Another thought - if you are trying to print the contents of a folder, you might want to try opening that folder and then select the "Print Report" command which will print the folder contents out as opposed to the contents of the current item being previewed.

Brad

Brad,

Here is a little better explination of what I am trying to do.  Here is an HTML report that I have made.  On my brews that are fermenting I tape a copy of this report to the primary or secondary so that I know what is in there.  Once the beer is kegged I print this report and put it in a plastic sleeve that is attached to the keg with a little key ring type thing.

You can see an example here:

http://www.blackcows.com/Brew/brew.htm

This is what the report looks like:

blackcows.com/Brew/recipes.htm

Currently I keg all of my beer and what I was trying to do was to find a way to print a neat looking report of the kegs that are in inventory but not in the kegerator and keep that list in a frame (I know I am way to anal) so that guests could see what beers were in inventory in addition to what I was serving.  As I said I have created a new folder so that I can move the recipes (files) of the beers that I have finished (or drank) into so that my Brewlog only shows beers that are in kegs or fermenting but this is the only view I can get:

blackcows.com/Brew/beersmith.BMP

Is there any way to get a nicer view or a report that could show inventory?

Mike

Mike,
  I guess what I was proposing was to modify the preview of a folder so it shows basically the columns you would see when you open the folder.  For example clicking on a folder such as brew log might show the currently set columns for recipes such as:

Name  Style  Brewer...
Wit      Witbier  Jack
XX    XX      XX
etc...

This would let you see and print what you have in inventory if you just click on a folder.  You could customize it a bit by setting the desired columns in recipe view.

Cheers!
Brad

Back