• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Traveling in Montana, Idaho and Eastern Washington

Scott Ickes

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I'll be in Billings, Montana on business.  I'm driving there and will have a bunch of my homebrew with me. 

Is anyone in the Billings area.  I'll be there on Thursday, May 1st.  I'd love to stop and talk about making homebrew and share some of mine with you.

Also, I'll be in the Helena area on Thursday, May 6th (available in the evening).

After that I'll be driving east through Missoula, Northern Idaho, Spokane and the Tri-Cities area of Eastern Washington on my way back to Vancouver, WA.

I have a cooler that plugs into a cigarette lighter in my car, so the beer will be kept cold.  It will be full when I leave on the trip!

I'm just looking to add some fun to my travels!

Well.  I'm in Billings, Montana.  No one to share my homebrew with.  I have my Red IPA, my Vanilla Bourbon Porter, my Pumpkin Ale and a bottle of my Tootsie Roll Stout.

I'm surprised that there isn't anyone interested in sharing my homebrew with me and talking brewing.

I'm sad.  I guess I'll have one or two in my hotel room tonight.

Scott if you were drifting a little further south to Utah, I would defiantly share some home brew with you.

ihikeut said:
Scott if you were drifting a little further south to Utah, I would defiantly share some home brew with you.

Unfortunately the territory that I cover stops at the Idaho Border.  I'll be in southern Idaho in two weeks.  Teaching at a potato processing plant.

Scott, you sparked an idea... what if I create a board just for travelling BeerSmith Brewers?  That way we can all share with each other as we travel.  I just took a road trip to DC, should have posted my route to see if anyone was available...

What do you guys think?  Good idea?

Beer_Tigger said:
Scott, you sparked an idea... what if I create a board just for travelling BeerSmith Brewers?  That way we can all share with each other as we travel.  I just took a road trip to DC, should have posted my route to see if anyone was available...

What do you guys think?  Good idea?

I think it's great!  I spend so much time traveling in the Pacific NW, that it would be great to have a way to meet up and share beer stories and share homebrew.

+1

When will you be back Scott? I like the idea of adding the section for people travelling to share homebrews with but I wonder how many people travel with their beers. I'd think bottle conditioned beers would be shaken up a little bit on the road and would need a little time to settle back down before drinking, unless you are planning on just swapping beers for them to taste later on.

I just got back into town for the weekend.  I'm not going to show up at the Big Brew at Baders, because I have no transportation.

I keep bottled water with me when I travel and I put them in between the bottles in the cooler as I take beer out to keep them cushioned so that they don't move around much.

I wish I would have seen this sooner, I hail from Billings MT and would have loved to get together with you! There is always next time. Come back to MT, we have a lot of great beer here!

Back