• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

keg jumper

K

KernelCrush

What pressure do you guys use for keg-keg transfers.  I cant get my jumper to stop leaking starsan at like 2 psi.  Tried every hose clamp known to man.  The MFL threaded ball lock dont need that little white nylon washer, since it integral am I right?

While I can't picture exactly what you are doing, in general when a seal is the goal, the answer to anything involving a washer is "Yes please, can I have a spare?"

KernelCrush said:
What pressure do you guys use for keg-keg transfers.  I cant get my jumper to stop leaking starsan at like 2 psi.  Tried every hose clamp known to man.  The MFL threaded ball lock dont need that little white nylon washer, since it integral am I right?

Where is the leak coming from?  I transfer at 5 -  10 psi.

No you do not need the flare washer for keg quick disconnects. You only need the washer for metal to metal contact.

Pressure should not have anythingto do with leaks in the hose. The only place pressure makes a differenceis the keg lid. Even that is usua lly sealed for good once you hit it with 30psi.

Maine, it was transferring starsan keg to keg.  I tend to leave out details, sorry

Tom, It was leaking above the clamp at the end of the cut tubing where the tubing meets the swivel nut.

I have other similar lines that never leaked.  This I made up from spare parts.  I tried replacing the QD, replacing swivel nuts, replacing barbs, replacing clamps, with the nylon washer & without.  I keep about a half dozen spare barbs & swivel nuts in a plastic snap lid container.  They are all the same size, but likely came from different sources.  Maybe you need to keep the original barb & original nut as a mated pair? This morning I must have finally hit the right combo.  Transferred at 10 psi without a drop. 

Thank you.

Back