• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe Print Preview

A

Andrew Clark

Originally posted 29 Aug on our old message board
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have all my settings in options set for metric including KPA however in the recipe print preview screen the KPA reading appears as 12.6 Kpa as if it is showing a psi range, in the recipe veiw screen it shows 86 KPA.

Also if I try to veiw a recipe in the preview pane under the view menu most of the time I only get a blank screen is this a bug? Overall this program is simple to use and I love the recipe printing as it is all on one page and easy to read.

Well done

Regards Andrew

Hi -

Well I just checked and indeed the KPA/PSI issue you mention is a bug. On the printout the PSI value is not converted correctly to KPA, though it is displayed correctly inside the recipe and in other locations. I have already corrected it and will post it with the next build.

I'm not sure what the issue might be will print preview - as we have had no major issues with it in 6 months of beta testing but I certainly will look into it some more.

What operating system are you using?  Some early versions of Windows 98 and NT without the Internet Explorer patches have problems with print preview.

Sincerely,
Brad
www.beersmith.com

;D
RE print preview
found the problem with not properly displaying print preview. I did not have my display settings on 1024x768 i had them on a lower setting and was not displaying the full screen.
regards
Andrew

Andrew,
 That's very good news!  I do recommend running at least 1024x768 if your monitor supports it.  You can run BeerSmith at 800x600, but the screen is a bit cramped at this setting.

Cheers!
Brad

Follow up...
 The KPA/PSI bug has been fixed in version 1.2 and is now in beta testing.  It should be out in early October and the update is free to all registered  users.

Cheers!
Brad

Back