• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Misc Additions that scale

transmitter

Apprentice
Reaction score
it appears when you insert a misc ingredient it gives you an amount to add per X volume. But it odes not seem to scale up or down based on that volume. Is that just so you have a record for it or am i missing something in how to set it up.    I'm looking to add say 1 gram of Metabisulphite to 5 gallons of water, but then I am going to do an 80 gallon batch. When I add it, it is giving me just the 1 gram and does not scale. Is it not supposed to?

Thanks
Anthony

I use it to scale exactly the way you're describing.

Set it up for dosing at a specific rate in the Misc Ingredient list. Then you can substitute the same ingredient from the list and it'll scale. New recipes will scale automatically. Just clicking on the ingredient as listed in the recipe doesn't have the same scaling.

Hmmmm, I must not be understanding or its not working. Here are screen shots of the Misc window which is set to 20 gallons and the design window which is set to 80 gallons. If it is working as you say I should have 6grams of Potassium added not the 1.5 shown. Any thoughts?
[/img][/img]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 9.42.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 9.42.29 AM.png
    80 KB · Views: 419
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 9.42.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 9.42.29 AM.png
    80 KB · Views: 425
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 9.42.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 9.42.13 AM.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 407
It appears you are doing one of two things.

1) Just changing the recipe volume

Once an ingredient is in a recipe, the amount doesn't change by just changing the volume. Scaling a recipe is the way to address this.

2) Changing the dosing rate in the pop up window from the recipe view.

Frustratingly, no. This does not have the effect of causing a new scaling of the ingredient. What's needed is to highlight the ingredient, click "substitute" and find the identical ingredient in the list. You will see the scaled dosage in the lower left "Amount" field.

This last bit assumes that you have set the desired dosing rate in the Misc ingredient database to begin with.

Back