• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Using a subfolder for brew logs

brundage

Apprentice
Reaction score
How do I specify a subfolder for my brew logs?  Slashes (forward and back) don't seem to do it.

•  
  • Brew Logs

•    

•      
      • 2014-01

• 2014-02

• 2014-03

• 2014-04

• 2014-05 current log folder

Thanks

I think you could drag cut and paste them into the folders you want and then going foward just rename the brewlog folder in the options menu each new month.

Hi Dean;

Although BeerSmith uses the Documents directory for all of your recipes and profiles, the folders are not laid out in directory format. It appears that all folders are embedded in the Recipes.bsmx files or similar.

I do have logs for each year, but don't aggregate them any further because I can sort by date and that suits my needs.

My suggestion is to create a master 2014 log file. In Options > Advanced, make this the default log file.

Within the 2014 log file, create the 2014-X that you desire. Once a recipe is brewed and recorded in the master log file, you only need to drag it to the sub folder, where it will reside.

At the end of the year, you can drag the whole 2014 folder to an archive folder and the hierarchy will be preserved. Then you'd change the Options > Advanced default to 2015 just once and can be onto more important things.

Thanks for the replies.  As y'all suggested I have my log folder set to "brew logs" and move the recipe into the appropriate folder.  --Dean

Back