Author Topic: BrewEasy by Blichmann  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Kamgator

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
BrewEasy by Blichmann
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:20:34 PM »
Was perusing the Blichmann site and found something new (to me anyway).

http://blichmannengineering.com/products/breweasy

I appreciate there is some efficiency loss but the compactness and relative simplicity hold some appeal.  Anyone have any experience with one of these systems?

Offline Waldo

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: BrewEasy by Blichmann
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »
Yes.  I just bought one.  They say you get a 10% efficiency loss, which for the size is reasonable.  It's very compact.  If room is an issue this is definitely the smallest footprint of them all.  I heard there's a recall on the RIMS version, which I think would have been a great pick up- to be able to do it all inside, or in garage with doors closed, but I think that's a couple months out.
The only thing I don't like is the stand.  It is definitely compact, which I suppose is the design, but I find myself hunching over (unnecessarily, but still...) because it sits so low to the ground-  I wish it was 18" taller.  I also wish the stand came with the flowmeter option.  Again, maybe unnecessary, but I'm also using the system as a three tier system when I don't need the extra space, and it would be nice to have. 

Anyways- It's truly the most compact system I've seen.  It is all well build and pretty :)  you will be the envy of your friends.  I'm happy with the purchase.

Waldo

Offline cjlacz

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: BrewEasy by Blichmann
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 01:09:26 AM »
There aren't too many people with these yet. I'm curious what you think of doing smaller brew sizes? Would doing 10 liter or 3 gallons be feasible with the breweasy? I know the flow control has some limitations, but haven't been able to find much about this setup.