• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Reinstalled BS2 after HDD Crash, now it's trying to open HTM files

BigRob

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Like my title says, I've reinstalled the program and now it's constantly bombarding me with pop up windows asking me how I want to open bsxtmp_xxxx.HTM files. It's actually opening them all in new Chrome windows at the moment. Essentially making the program unusable for me. How do I fix this, and why did it not happen with my prior installation?

Hi,
  Check your "default programs" settings under windows. BeerSmith uses IE as a plugin for opening HTML reports in the program, but if you have your default set to Chrome and then have Chrome open all documents in a new window it can cause this issue.

You may be able to also get around this by not forcing Chrome settings to open all items in a separate window.

Brad

Okay, so.

Assuming I uninstalled IE as soon as I got system running again, how would I fix this issue?

I have already re-enabled IE in Win7, and rebooted.. However that hasn't fixed the issue, nor has making sure .htm is opened by IE in Windows Defaults. In fact it's even more annoying because it now opens IE windows instead.

Back