• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help with Java Errors

Cayuga

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've had the timers create this error on 2 separate brew days.  The first of which all i had to do was delete the recipe from the app, and then reload it to the cloud.  I've since brewed 4 batches, with no hitches.

Today, I'm back at it.  It's only with the boil timer, but no luck with reloading today.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this.  Real bummer screwing with an egg timer instead of this app.

Thanks
Chris

Here's a screenshot.

Untitled by one4teen, on Flickr

Could you possibly export the recipe from the desktop and send it to me?  It looks like one of the grain entries is messed up and causing this error though it could also be an issue with the mash profile itself.  Right click on the recipe from the desktop, select Export Selected and email it to me.

Brad

Should be in your inbox.  I sent the wrong file first, Citra Pale is the correct file.

I removed and reinstalled the app on my iphone. Problem is still there.  And it's not limited to  just the grainbill.  But seems to be focused on recipes with only a bittering hop, and then a Steep addition.    If I add a hop mid boil, we seem to be ok. 

I'd really enjoy some feedback on this.

I've narrowed this down to when I only do a FWH, and then a Steep addition.  I was getting the same error this weekend, and my friend suggested adding a 10 minute hop addition of zero ounces.  I restarted the recipe, and lo and behold, success.

Please just reply that you've at least read this.

Back