• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Keg/Bottle Inventory/Sulfite Calculator

DrZymurgy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

I tend to go through periods of high brewing and subsequent low drinking and I consequently can build a reasonable inventory of filled kegs.  I would like to be able to track what my current inventory and location of my finished beers so I can know when I need to brew again and what is in which keg.  The kegs themselves tend to be labelled, but it would be really useful to track this with my brewing software.  Also it would be handy to have a built-in sulfite calculator for when I kill with sulfite/sorbate. 

Thanks,

Colin

What would you do, open up beersmith everytime you filled a glass to update keg levels? Doesn't your beer go stale after a couple months?

Couldn't you organize your recipes into folders? 

The brewed ones into "Current Beers".  Then when you've finished off the last drop of a beer, move it into "Past Brews".  Then when guest come over and ask "What do you have?", you look at the "Current Beers" folder which contains the details so you can describe the beers to your guests.

Just a thought...

I use kegs both for beer, wine, cider and other fermentables.  I keep the current recipes on the cloud, but with longer aging products it would be useful to know which case has which age material.  Beersmith inventories ingredients why not take it to final product?  Plus, it is useful to know what I have to figure out what I want to brew next.

Back