• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment profile/mash settings for Blichmann Breweasy

indieg

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone assist with settings to use for a two pot recirculating mash system? I put together a "clone" of a Blichmann Breweasy using spare equipment. I have noticed that my preboil gravity readings have been low on the two kettle system vs. single vessel BiAB.

Thanks!

indieg said:
Can anyone assist with settings to use for a two pot recirculating mash system? I put together a "clone" of a Blichmann Breweasy using spare equipment. I have noticed that my preboil gravity readings have been low on the two kettle system vs. single vessel BiAB.
I have a Blichmann two pot system but not a Breweasy and my pre boil gravity is always a few points low. However the original gravity is always fine. I thought maybe it might be because my refractometer isn't temperature compensating and the wort is hot. When I do an OG I cool it first.

Greetings, just joined the forum looking for other posts on this same question.

I have a "10 gallon" BrewEasy, which is the 15-gallon BoilerMaker mash tun mounted above a 20-gallon BoilerMaker kettle.  The settings are still a work in progress, but here's what I have after 3 batches.  The last batch I did was a huge barleywine recipe which wound up 10+ gravity points short, based on a brewhouse efficiency setting of 70.  Also it seems to me that a huge beer might lose more efficiency % in what is basically a BIAB system, because of the density of the wort left behind in the grains.  But since I haven't done BIAB before, I don't really know if that's the case or not.  So I lowered the brewhouse efficiency to 68% and will see how that does with the next batch.

I am thinking of getting the BrewEasy.....I have a 3 vessel system right now but used to brew with BIAB.  My efficiency was always around 65-68% so that is what I would expect on this as well.  Not sure the K-Rims would improve that in any way.

Matt

Back