• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changing the Batch Size

teromous

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

I have Beersmith 2 for the PC and at the top there is an option for batch size where I can enter a value. I have Beersmith 2 Mobile (Full) and while I can create my recipe from scratch, I am having trouble changing the batch size. I have tried clicking "Profiles for Recipe->Pot and Cooler (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain->Cooling and Fermentation->Batch Volume" and changing 10.00 to 5.00, but when I click "Save" it does not appear to save. If I re-enter the equipment profile (as listed above) it remains at 10.00. I thought that I might be doing it the wrong way, so I went to "Brewing Session Data" and it shows that my estimated batch size is 10.00 but I can't seem to find where to change it to 5.00.

Any help is appreciated.

System info:
Nexus 7 Tablet
Beersmith 2 Mobile (full)
Android Version 4.4.2

I just wanted to follow up on this question and see if it is possible to make changes to the batch volume. Any sort of reply is much appreciated. Any sort of direction on how to do this is appreciated even greater.

I can't help because I don't have the mobile version. But am curious why you use both the PC version and the mobile one? ALso do they work together at all? thanks

grathan said:
I can't help because I don't have the mobile version. But am curious why you use both the PC version and the mobile one? ALso do they work together at all? thanks
I really like using BeerSmith. I've used the original for a while, and upgraded to version 2 when it came out because I liked some of the added features. So the program and I have some history together haha. Sometimes I'll just design recipes for fun and mess around with ingredients just "spitballing" ideas. If I hear people talking about a beer recipe on a podcast I might open the program up and plug in the info to go along with the podcast. If I read about a recipe on a forum where a person is asking for advice, I'll enter it into BeerSmith to get a better picture of what they're doing. I might show a friend or family member the components of a commercial beer they are tasting, and they have a greater appreciation for it when they see how all the ingredients contribute things differently. I just wanted to say all of this to illustrate that I use it for a lot more than just making a brew-day recipe. When I got my tablet I saw an opportunity to use this program more. I can pull it out and open it quicker than having to drag out a laptop, especially during travel. I just have to figure out how to use the mobile version better I guess...

Back