• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Where do you put your CO2 bottle?

Slobrew

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have been keeping my CO2 bottle in the cooler (converted chest freezer) with the kegs. This makes it a little harder to adjust the pressure when I have four kegs in the cooler. The regulator gets "stiffer" to operate at 2C. So, I was just wondering how many of you put the bottle in the cooler and how many leave it outside at room temp and run the gas line in to the cooler. Not just looking for a number, but also if you have a reason for putting the bottle wherever you put it. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF2032.JPG
    DSCF2032.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
My bottle is always in the keezer.  I almost always leave it at 10 PSI.

I keep my CO2 tank beside my chest freezer and run the hose through the condensation drain tube. Gives me space for a fourth keg in the freezer.

Mine is outside my fridge so that I have more room. Also regulators are much more stable at room temperature.

Outside because condensation inside was causing it to rust.

If you do nto have some sort of dehumidifier in your beer freezer, get one!  I rid myself of rust, mold and mildew over a year ago.  This device is da bomb!  http://amzn.com/B000H0XFD2.  When it changes color, I plug it in for a day and that is all there is to it.

I've moved my bottle and regulator outside the Keezer and the regulator is a lot easier to adjust. Now easier to shift the kegs around and less opening of the Keezer lid. Jomebrew - that dehumidifier sounds like a good idea. How cold are you running your cooler?  Thanks to all for the responses.

Back