• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bug in Inventory/Shopping List with Yeast Add On?

gboysko

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello:

I just installed BeerSmith software and I'm really enjoying it. Great software.

I found what I think is a bug and I'll you decide.

Here's how I found it:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Install Yeast Update 2013 Add on
[*]Add to Inventory 1/2 package of Bavarian Wheat Yeast
[*]Create a recipe that requires 1/2 package of said yeast
[*]Create a shopping list for the recipe
[*]Note that the Shopping list reports that you need 0.5 pkg, but Inventory is 0.00
[/list]

Also regarding the Shopping List, is there a way to exclude those items that you don't need (which you have in Inventory)?

Thanks,
Glenn

When you add something to a recipe, the program will deduct that item from the inventory and show that there is zero in inventory after the deduction.

But, in my Shopping List, shouldn't it show it as being present in the Inventory? Otherwise, I would assume I need to buy more.

And to clear, don't you need to explicitly remove the ingredients from the inventory with an explicit step?

In your shopping list it shows that you have that amount in your inventory and, for that recipe, you do not need to purchase anymore, in the "needed" column.

When you actually make the recipe and use the items that are in your inventory, they will be removed from the inventory.

gboysko said:
Note that the Shopping list reports that you need 0.5 pkg, but Inventory is 0.00
Also regarding the Shopping List, is there a way to exclude those items that you don't need (which you have in Inventory)?

If you're actually seeing 0.00 in the Inventory column, the most likely cause is having two items in the yeast database with the same name.

Ingredients > Yeast
Search "bav". All yeasts with "Bavarian" should be shown. Look for duplicate names. Either rename or delete the duplicates.

You can sort the shopping list by clicking on any column. There isn't a feature to exclude items where 0.00 is needed, but you can sort them to the bottom of the list.

I simply highlight the first one, then go to the bottom of the list and Shift-Click the last one to highlight all of the unneeded items. Then click delete.

Back