• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to modify brewsheet

Proofman

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I want to modify the brewsheet beersmith produces for me.  For example, I add half my extract to the brewpot at flame out but the brewsheet states to add it to the fermenter.  There are other small things I would like to change.  I just started using it and I have been typing up my own 'brewsheet'/checklist for a while.

Hi,
  Its coming in the next update- should be out sometime in the next few months!

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  Its coming in the next update- should be out sometime in the next few months!

Brad

Had the same question about changing the brewsheet.  I have the latest build (downloaed yesterday).  Does this build allow you to change the brewsheet?

Yes,
  Take a look at the following file from your BeerSmith program as an example:
    C:\Program Files\BeerSmith\templates\brewsheet_template.htm

You can make a copy of this and then edit it to suit your needs.  Store the edited template in the templates directory, and then install it in BeerSmith from the "Reports" tab on the "Options" dialog (Tools menu).  BeerSmith recognizes all of the BeerXML tags as well as a number of others for recipes.

Cheers!
Brad

Hi guys, I'm trying all the advice here but I'm still having problems.

In my templates folder, I've been able to modify the brewsheet so it displays the way I want it to when I view it using Firefox.  I then rename the modified brewsheet and the original brewsheet so that the "new" brewsheet replaces the old one as the "default" ("brewsheet_templatemod.htm" becomes "brewsheet_template.htm" and the original becomes "brewsheet_templateorig.htm").

However, when I view a recipe or use the Preview Brewsheet function, it's still the default format.  ???

I also tried going to tools/options/reports and adding the new template (either as a newly named one or as the orginal name) but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
  Rather than using the BrewSheet button, try simply selecting your new template or the "New Brewsheet" type from the drop down menu on the toolbar.

To do this - go to My Recipes view and select the recipe you wish to view.  Next go to the top toolbar, look for the drop down box that has the report format names in it (its near the end of the top toolbar).  Select your new custom format or the "New Brewsheet" format and the recipe should not be previewed in that format using the template specified.  You can also print it from here.

Cheers!
Brad

Back