Author Topic: beer tower or taps  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Damrite

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
beer tower or taps
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
Hi everyone I got a smaller chest freezer that I will be converting in a keggerator. Now I'm debating  if I should go for beer tower or taps, any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline jaytaylor510

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • Every good beer has a story....
    • Storyteller Brewery FB Page
Re: beer tower or taps
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:14 PM »
I did the chest freezer connected to a Johnson COntrol to regulate the temp. I drilled a hole in the lid and placed a tower and love it. I opted for the tower because having just the loose hoses flopping around was unappealing to me. Also, the tower adds a nice "wow factor" when visitors come into the garage and see what I have. When they hear I built it myslef they are even more appreciative.

My opinion, in case it isn't clear, is Tower.

Hope this helps!
Jay
Because every good beer has a story and no good story started with somebody having a salad....
https://www.facebook.com/storytellerbrewery

Offline Beer_Tigger

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr baby! Very Grrrrr!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:08:45 AM »
I converted my freezer to a keezer with 4 taps on the "collar" that you build.
"Let's see if this here beer will help me to stop procrastinating." - my cousin

Offline Slobrew

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »
I do the same as Damrite. I have a chest keezer, took off the lid, added a wood spacer and then reattached the lid. The wood gives you a place to drill through and put the taps. Also can drill through the wood to route the CO2 hoses to the inside of the cooler. I have two hoses, one goes to a three valve manifold and the other goes to a single gas inlet line. This allows me to keep 4 Corny Kegs in the Keezer. I haven't had a lot of luck with putting pictures on here but I'll give it a try.

modification