• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sharing recipes between users on same Windows 7 computer

cdaniels

Apprentice
Reaction score
We have one Windows 7 computer, but multiple user accounts. I created some recipes when logged in as myself. I would like to access those recipes when my wife is logged in, so she doesn't have to log out. However I can't figure out where my recipes are stored, or how to get BeerSmith to use the recipes in my user account. I googled, but found nothing. Does anybody know if/how this can be done?

Thanks in advance.

BeerSmith locates all recipes and customized profiles in [user]/Documents/BeerSmith2.

The entire idea of multiple log in accounts is to deny access to sensitive files and data by other users.

One option seems to be sharing the BeerSmith2 directory with your wife's account. In your login, right click Documents/BeerSmith2 and go to Share With > Specific People. ...I looked into this for documents, but I'm not sure how BeerSmith will actually default to this. You may have to use the File menu to open specific recipes if the home tab doesn't default to it.

The second option (and one I'm confident with) is to use the BeerSmith cloud to store your recipes. This gives you access and edit capability from any machine you can log in from.

Back