• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Full App

Hairymare

Apprentice
Reaction score
can the app be used as a stand alone app? I would love to purchase the desktop version but my computer is so old and dilapidated that I no longer use it and just use my ipad. My MacBook Pro is a 2006, can't be updated, has keyboard issues, etc, .  I really want an app for brewing but I can't seem to find out if I would need the desktop version or would the app be sufficient ?

Thanks, Yvette

Thank you for answering, but, are they the same? Are there differences?
Thanks, Yvette

I cannot say for certain, because I haven't used the mobile version. But from what I can gather, they are  different. If money is tight, I would suggest trying a free app first to find out what features are important to you. I don't have an Ipad, but on Android there are apps like BrewMate, and BrewR. I think Brew Pal is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Would anybody who uses both the app and the program discuss what the differences are. Thanks!
Yvette

Hi Yvette,

I use both, actually all three if you count the iPad and iPhone as 2. Buy one IOS and install onto both

Now for your question
Can backup recipes and profiles on the PC/Mac, can't on IOS that I know of
Printing might be an issue with an iPad, non existent on iPhone
Much easier and faster to develop and tweak recipes on the PC/Mac
There are a couple tools that are not yet in the IOS version, one that comes to mind is the Hop Age tool
The PC/Mac version has more recipe and final product analysis if you are into that

There might be other differences but this is what I know of off the top of my head

Rick

Back